Submit your application on our website at We're Hiring, and send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Florida Community Organizer” in the subject line. We’ll review your application and contact you if we we are interested in discussing your candidacy.
Stronger U.S. Education Fund works to advance a multi-issue economic fairness and pro-democracy agenda using an integrated citizen engagement model that focuses intensive attention year-round on recruiting and training volunteers to become “whole citizens” who participate fully in civic life as voters, issue advocates and community leaders – and who can train others to do the same. This fall we are launching a citizen engagement project in Miami-Dade County. If you want to increase citizen engagement, you should apply!
As a Stronger U.S. Education Fund Community Organizer you are responsible for capacity building in your turf. You will have responsibility for building a long-term grassroots infrastructure. You will manage a collaborative process of crafting the capacity building plan for your turf. You will recruit, train, and develop volunteer leaders, organizing them into teams. You are responsible for ensuring that volunteers have the coaching, training and support they need to engage the local community on important issues, contributing tangibly to a state, local, and federal strategy. You will work with volunteers, grasstops and political leaders in your turf on power mapping, campaign planning, digital organizing, executing their citizen contact events, and executing earned media events. You must be an excellent trainer and coach and understand grassroots power building. You will receive ongoing professional development opportunities and are responsible for providing those opportunities for your volunteer leaders as well. You are also responsible for assisting with fundraising. This includes writing about your work and participating in donor meetings as well as building grassroots power through a program of grassroots fundraising.
- Volunteer recruitment, management, training, and coaching: Identify volunteers through community outreach methods and provide volunteers with the management, training, and coaching that they need to organize and meet goals. You’ll travel for site visits and conduct one-to-one meetings with your volunteers, you‘ll manage in-person one-to-one and large group meetings and trainings, and you’ll run conference calls and frequent phone meetings with your volunteer teams.
- Strategic planning and program development: Be part of the team that customizes the organization’s state-based agenda to your turf within the national framework. In conjunction with volunteers and your Organizing Director, figure out how grassroots organizing can meet the strategic power building goals in your turf. You will help facilitate a grassroots planning process that includes volunteers.
- Community organizing training and leadership development: Conduct group training on organizing skills and one-on-one coaching and leadership development sessions with group leaders. Ensure volunteer organizers, interns, and fellows are properly trained to develop volunteer leadership and hold them accountable for conducting excellent trainings and developing a robust volunteer organization with differentiated leadership.
- Communications and organizational visibility: Work to increase the organization’s media presence and name recognition through earned media events and digital organizing.
- Fundraising: Build lasting relationships in the funder community and build resources for your work through foundations, major donors, event planning and other grassroots fundraising opportunities. Manage and train volunteer organizers to develop power through a program of grassroots fundraising.
Passion for social justice, experience recruiting and managing a team. Community organizing experience preferred but not required. Relationship-based organizing and leadership development experience with personal story, one-to-one meetings and building volunteer teams a plus. The ideal candidate is passionate about community organizing and movement building and has a track record of accomplishment, and an ability to work effectively with all different types of people. VAN experience, issue campaign experience and fundraising experience a plus but not required.
Compensation and Benefits
Target annual compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. Stronger U.S. Education Fund offers a competitive benefits package.
Submit your application on our website at We're Hiring, and send any questions to email@example.com with “Florida Community Organizer” in the subject line. We’ll review your application and contact you if we are interested in discussing your candidacy.
Stronger U.S. is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to a diverse workplace and a diverse movement. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status.