Submit your application on our website at We're Hiring, and send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Florida Statewide Organizing Director” in the subject line. We’ll review your application and contact you if we we are interested in discussing your candidacy.
Stronger U.S. Education Fund works to advance a multi-issue economic fairness and pro-democracy agenda using an integrated citizen engagement model that focuses intensive attention year-round on recruiting and training volunteers to become “whole citizens” who participate fully in civic life as voters, issue advocates and community leaders – and who can train others to do the same. This fall we are launching a citizen engagement project in Miami-Dade County. If you want to increase citizen engagement, you should apply!
As the Stronger U.S. Education Fund Statewide Organizing Director you are bottom line on capacity building in your state. You will manage a collaborative process of crafting the capacity building plan for your state and holding organizers accountable for meeting metrics-based goals. You are responsible for ensuring that organizing staff have the coaching, training, and support they need to build robust volunteer teams capable of power mapping, planning, digital organizing, executing their own citizen contact events, and executing earned media events. You must be an excellent trainer and coach and understand grassroots power building. You will receive ongoing professional development opportunities and are responsible for providing those opportunities for your staff as well. You are also responsible for fundraising. This includes individual donor outreach, assisting with foundation outreach and grant writing, and building grassroots power through a program of grassroots fundraising.
- Staff management, training, and coaching: Provide community organizers (staff) with the management, training, and coaching that they need to organize and build volunteer teams. You’ll travel for site visits and conduct one-to-one meetings with your staff, you’ll manage in-person staff meetings and trainings, and you’ll run conference calls and frequent phone meetings with your staff.
- Strategic planning and program development: Be part of the team that customizes the organization’s state-based plan within the national framework. In conjunction with the State Director, figure out how grassroots organizing can meet the strategic power building goals in your state. You will facilitate a grassroots planning process that includes volunteers.
- Community organizing training and leadership development: Conduct group training on campaign skills and one-on-one coaching and leadership development sessions with group leaders. Ensure organizers are properly trained to develop volunteer leadership and hold organizers accountable for conducting excellent trainings and developing volunteer leaders.
- Communications and organizational visibility: Work to increase the organization’s media presence and name recognition through earned media events and digital organizing.
- Fundraising: Build lasting relationships in the funder community and build resources for your work through foundations, major donors, event planning, and other grassroots fundraising opportunities. Manage and train organizers to develop power in volunteer leaders through a program of grassroots fundraising.
Candidates must have at least 2 years of organizing experience, including community organizing, campus organizing, and campaign coordination. Relationship-based organizing and leadership development experience with personal story, one-to-one meetings, and building volunteer teams is required. The ideal candidate is passionate about community organizing and movement building and has a track record of accomplishment, and an ability to work effectively with all different types of people. VAN experience, issue campaign experience, and fundraising experience are a plus but not required. If you have less experience, you are encouraged to apply for our Community Organizer position.
Compensation and Benefits
Target annual compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. Stronger U.S. Education Fund offers a competitive benefits package.
Submit your application on our website at We're Hiring, and send any questions to email@example.com with “Florida Statewide Organizing Director” in the subject line. We’ll review your application and contact you if we are interested in discussing your candidacy.
Stronger U.S. is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to a diverse workplace and a diverse movement. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status.